Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blogging!


I noticed at the beginning of this year that so many people these days are keeping up with one another by blogging. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and let all of you know what is going on in our little corner of Arkansas.  We have been in Fayetteville for a year, and we love it here. We have made some wonderful friends that we love dearly, and work with such an amazing congregation. We couldn't ask for more!

I am in my last semester of masters classes at the University of Arkansas, and hope to have my thesis finished by the fall so that I can graduate in December and continue on to the lofty PhD! I am also working part time at the Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, and I get to do everything from helping with clerical work to running programs when visitors come in and even sometimes helping in photo archives and collections. This job is a perfect fit for me, and I hope that one day I can find a more permanent home at the museum. 

Ross is very busy with his ministry. No one warns you before you step into the role as youth minister that there are usually a lot of other things that go into it besides working with kids. Needless to say Ross is always busy with some type of church work, and I think he enjoys it very much.  We had such a successful year last year, and have started this one off with a bang.  This blog will also have updates about the youth kids since we have none of our own human children at this point. Yes, I will post things about our little Gus (he is not so little anymore). And don't tell him he is a dog because he does not know yet! :)

Hope this blog helps us to keep in better contact with all of you. Feel free to leave us comments and let us know how you and yours are doing, and if you have a blog, let us know! Love you all, R and J



No comments: